Thursday, February 23, 2012
Fruity Pebbles® Crispy Treats
This recipe was requested by my dad. It kind of surprised me, though.
Dad is a a Rice Krispies® Treats purist. He never wants anything in it, never wants any added flavors. Just plain, old Rice Krispie Treats.
But he wanted the Fruity Pebbles Treats, so I would make them. They turned out really delicious. If you like Fruity Pebbles, you will love these.
Fruity Pebbles® Treats
Adapted from: http://www.ricekrispies.com/
6 tablespoons butter
80 regular-sized marshmallows (about 2 bags)
12 cups Fruity Pebbles® cereal
1. Line a 9x13" pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Melt together butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring often until completely incorporated (no white marshmallow spots).
3. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in the Fruity Pebbles®. Try to combine gently so you don't crush the cereal.
4. Press mixture evenly into the 9x13" pan (spraying your hand with cooking spray will help it not to stick).
5. Let sit for at least two hours, cut, and serve.
Can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.