Monday, January 2, 2012
Made these for Christmas morning. Strangely, I adore pumpkin bread but hate anything else pumpkin (including the pie). These muffins were enjoyed by pumpkin lovers and haters alike, though! Delicious and easy breakfast recipe!
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups granulated sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin tins of your choice.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until they're well-blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until blended (don't over-mix).
5. Put two heaping spoonfuls of batter into each muffin cup.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the top of a muffin comes out relatively clean.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Yield: About 30 muffins